MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides which is a saturated fatty acid, and has many health benefits such as weight loss and management to increased energy. Coconuts are a main source for MCTs, and more refined and concentrated MCT oil are becoming available. MCTs are easier to digest and sent directly to the liver, allowing for huge boosts of energy and increased metabolism. The MCT oil acts a fuel and is burned quickly, instead of being stored as fat. They also promote healthy gut environments to stimulate proper and efficient digestion. Also, they contain antioxidant properties that aid in anti-inflammatory benefits. MCTs can also be found in grass-fed beef and butter. MCT oil is the best way to maintain a healthy weight, increase energy, improve brain function, balance hormones and elevate mood. MCT oil can be purchased at Whole Foods, health food stores or online at amazon.com
Articles in this section
- What is MCT oil, and where can it be purchased?
- What are anti-inflammatory foods, and why are they important?
- How much water should I drink daily, and what other beverages can I enjoy?
- How can I modify your meal planners if I have allergies or nutritional preferences?
- What should I do if I have followed a previous plan (Tiny and Full, The 100, Belly Fat Cure, etc)?